I made it! Day 30 of the Gratitude Challenge. It has truly opened my eyes to the benefits of being more grateful of even the smallest aspects in your life. I am now trying to practise mindfulness every day so that I can live in the now and not miss out on things to be grateful for.
So without further ado…
Day 30 – What Talent or skill do you have that you are grateful for?
They left the best (hardest) for last. Because I have always felt like I don’t really have any talent or skill. But after this last month of looking inwards I have realised that I do not need to be a specialist in Scandinavian word work. Or know the ins and outs of 18th century Mueller Mosaics. I am me and though they are nothing special, I have skills and talents to be grateful for.
So here is my list of “skills” and “talents”..
- I can be so obnoxiously loud and irritating at 6am that it could be considered legendary.
- Can rile my husband up quicker than anyone I know.
- My potty mouth would make a pirate blush.
- Could drink 10 coffee’s and still go to bed and have a full night’s sleep. That is my super power.
- Clean Queen Extreme. I hate mess and have been known to put things away and for them to never be seen again. I actually make mess DISAPPEAR!
- Can eat food quicker than you can say “supercalafragalisoh you get the point”.
- I guess I can make soy candles. Not soap though, almost burnt down the house trying to make soap.
- Have become quite skilled at changing a baby’s nappy on a baby who doesn’t want his nappy changed.
- I can be in an indoor playground filled with screaming children but still know which one of those screams is from my child. #mummyskills
- I make a mean cheese toastie.
So tell me what are your “special” talents and skills??
30 Day Gratitude Challenge done! Go back to the beginning here if you missed a day or two..
But I won’t stop it there. I think it is essential that we all think about everything in our lives to be grateful for. Everyday, just 5 minutes out of your day. You can be standing washing the dishes, thinking about all the wonderful things in your life. It is so grounding and can lift your spirits if you are down.